Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jo-Ann's Rewarding Best Customers

I just read this short item about Jo-Ann Fabrics. I'm not sure what I think about this promotion. Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, ideas for ways to translate this to garden retail? It seems like this could have some application in the independent garden center, but in a more creative way.

Jo-Ann Launches Promotion to Celebrate Anniversary
HUDSON, Ohio--Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts Stores is marking its 66th anniversary in business with a special offer.
The sewing- and crafts-products retailer will designate 66 of its best customers across the nation and give them $100 Jo-Ann gift cards from their local stores. Travis Smith, chief operating officer, said the campaign is a way of saying thanks to some of its most loyal customers, and a recognition of their creativity in making their own crafts and fabric items.
Founded in 1943, Jo-Ann now has more than 750 locations across the United States.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am the recipient of one of these cards. I am a faithful customer and use the promotional coupons - I'm very grateful. I am just surprised that Jo-Anns did not seem to publicly promote this because I think it would be an incentive for other customers to use their coupons. I don't know if that helps in your business or not, but thought I'd share.